Nashoba Associated Boards of Health has been serving our member communities since
1931. We are currently seeking a full-time Community Health LPN to join our team of
dedicated and talented professionals serving our member communities.
Provides skilled nursing care to clients as directed by the registered nurse and
physician’s plan of care in accordance with agency policies.
Promotes and maintains client health through teaching and appropriate
rehabilitative measures under the guidance of the registered nurse who is
assigned to the same case.
Assists clients in learning appropriate self-care techniques.
Helps to achieve and maintain continuity of client care by assisting in planning
and exchanging information with other health professionals.
Prepares clinical progress notes and follows client care plans as developed by
the registered nurse and according to agency policy.
Assists the physician and registered nurse in performing specialized procedures
for which competency has been established.
Prepares equipment and materials for treatments observing aseptic technique as
Keeps abreast of changes and trends affecting nursing care and licensed nurse
Attends client care conferences and communicates regularly with the registered
Communicates current health status and needs of clients to appropriate health
Conducts communicable disease investigations and surveillance and completes
reports as per the MA Dept. of Public Health regulations under the
direction/guidance of RN
Participates in health promotion initiatives that may include: community
education/outreach, home visits and immunization clinics.
Successful completion of a certified LPN nursing program.
Licensed to practice as a practical/vocational nurse in the state.
Minimum of one year of clinical experience.
Experience/interest in home health and public health preferred.
Knowledge and Abilities:
· a) Demonstrated knowledge and skills necessary to provide care to and communicate
with primarily the geriatric population, and to a lesser degree the pediatric and adult
· b) Demonstrated knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life
· c) Able to assess data reflecting the client’s status and interpret the appropriate
information needed identify each client’s requirements relative to their age-specific
· d) Self-directed team member
Degree of Travel:
· Frequent home visits/community clinics
· Community outreach programs and periodic office meetings
· Must have reliable transportation and agency-required liability insurance.
· Medical and Dental insurance
· Life and Accidental Death insurance
· Short-term & Long-Term Disability Insurance
· Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent Care)
· Earned Benefit Time including: vacation, sick, holiday and personal time.
· Membership in Massachusetts State Retirement System
· Deferred Compensation Plan
please email your resume to email@example.com