Public Health Nurse for Central Pioneer Valley Health District
South Hadley, Holyoke, and Chicopee
The Town of South Hadley seeks applicants for a Public Health Nurse serving the Central Pioneer Valley Health District, comprising the Cities of Holyoke and Chicopee, and the Town of South Hadley. This position will increase the professional public health nursing services by identifying, prioritizing, and addressing public health issues in our three municipalities.
Summary of Responsibilities:
● Identify health needs of residents through community outreach, medical screenings, and research. Determine priorities for targeted interventions.
● Provide health promotion and disease prevention activities through targeted interventions, programs, and advocacy.
● Assess and evaluate health care services to ensure that the population in the community is informed of health programs and services available
● Provide skilled nursing services to residents requiring care or by securing appropriate medical care through another source. Provide health education and care management to residents as needed.
● Represent the municipalities on MAVEN, the Massachusetts Virtual Epidemiology Network, and respond to communicable disease outbreaks.
● Collaborate with the catchment area Health Directors to coordinate and achieve the goals and objectives of the Central Pioneer Valley Health District within the framework of the grant’s annual work plan.
● Perform varied and responsible duties requiring the exercise of judgment and initiative to carry out assignments independently, analyze situations and conditions, and determine appropriate course of action from department guidelines and policies.
Recommended Minimum Qualifications:
● Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse with two years of experience in a public health setting.
● Current MA RN or LPN licensure, current MA Class D driver’s license.
● Knowledge of nursing and public health principles, practices, and methods as applicable to a municipal setting.
● Ability to prepare, organize and maintain data, reports, and systems to evaluate the health of identified populations.
● Administrative or managerial experience in nursing or another field.
● Commitment to fostering diversity, equity, and inclusion in all aspects of work.
Status and Compensation:
This is a yearly grant-funded position with opportunity to renew. Start date and continued employment are contingent upon award and availability of funding. This is an FLSA non-exempt, non-union, full time (40 hours) benefitted position. Anticipated hourly rate of $35-$42 depending on qualifications.
Go to www.southhadley.org/jobs to complete the online application and upload a cover letter and resume. Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis; position will remain open until filled.