Notice of Job Vacancy – Board of Health
Public Health Nurse
Reporting to the Director of Public Health for the Town of Burlington, the Public Health Nurse is responsible for carrying out public health nursing functions for the Tri-Ton Coalition, an inter-municipal shared services program serving the Towns of Burlington, Lexington, and Wilmington. Essential functions include, but are limited to:
- Creating, promoting, implementing, and evaluating of public health clinics and educational programs;
- Conducting home health visits;
- Participating in emergency preparedness initiatives as required by the Massachusetts Dept. of Public Health;
- Maintaining an inventory of medical supplies;
- Administering immunizations;
- Conducting communicable disease investigations using the MA Virtual Epidemiological Network (MAVEN)
- Working with municipalities on specific programs formed in response to the Opioid Recovery and Remediation Fund (ORRF);
- Providing case management and direct observational therapy (DOT) for active TB cases;
- Other duties which relate to public health nursing.
Minimum qualifications include a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or ability to obtain, current licensure by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts as a Registered Nurse, current certification in CPR, a valid driver’s license, and a minimum of one year of relevant experience. Experience in program planning, community nursing, and health education, along with knowledge of public health laws is desirable. Bilingual abilities are a plus.
This is a part time, grant funded position through June, 2025 with potential to expand beyond that. Starting salary is $45.00 per hour with a maximum of 19 hours per week.
Apply at https://burlington.catsone.com/careers (preferred). Alternatively, applications may be obtained at Town Hall or at www.burlington.org and directed to:
Joanne Faust, Human Resources Director
Town of Burlington
29 Center Street
Burlington, MA 01803
Position will remain open until filled.
POST: Town Hall, Town Hall Annex, Human Services Center, Library, DPW, Recreation Maintenance, Police and Fire Departments
Please note: MA General Laws mandate that any individual having direct contact at any time with either children or senior citizens be subject to CORI screening by the Criminal History Systems Board. Any conditional offer of employment is contingent upon acceptable CORI results.